Aalborg University’s International PhD Scholarships
Aalborg University invites aspiring scholars to seize the opportunity and apply for the International PhD Scholarships in Age of Learning Algorithms for the academic year 2023-2024.
A Beacon of Excellence
Aalborg University is a distinguished institution globally renowned for its groundbreaking research, innovative teaching methods, and unwavering commitment to addressing real-world challenges. It is celebrated for its problem-based learning approach, fostering collaborative efforts among students to tackle real-world problems. Aalborg University has taken the lead in sustainable initiatives and interdisciplinary studies, nurturing a dynamic academic community that empowers students to excel in an ever-evolving world.
Why Choose Aalborg University?
Studying at Aalborg University promises a dynamic and innovative learning environment that prioritizes problem-solving and interdisciplinary education. The university boasts robust research programs and fruitful industry partnerships, offering students valuable practical skills and hands-on experience.
University or Organization: Aalborg University
Department: Department of Politics and Society
Course Level: PhD Program
Award: Educational fund
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Application Deadline: October 16, 2023
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all nations are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD scholarship in Public Administration and Digitalization with a focus on the use of learning algorithmic technologies in public sector organizations.
- Admissible Criteria: To qualify, applicants must meet these criteria:
- Hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Those currently enrolled in a Danish Master’s program, expecting to graduate before the appointment date, must provide a statement from their thesis supervisor, verified transcripts, a copy of the thesis contract, and documentation for the final exam date.
To apply for this funding program, follow these steps:
- Complete the online application form available on the university’s website.
- Prepare the following supporting documents:
- A letter of motivation, which should include:
- Your reasons for pursuing a PhD.
- What you aim to achieve during the PhD program.
- Your research experience and interest.
- Your interest in AI and its applications.
- Your long-term career goals.
- A project proposal (maximum 5 pages). You can send the project description to Associate Professor Kasper Trolle Elmholdt to prepare the application.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master’s degree), including academic transcripts.
- Co-author statements for all co-authored publications, specifying the extent of your contribution, signed by the co-authors.
- Application for credit transfer if applicable.
- A letter of motivation, which should include:
Applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Demonstrated excellence in relevant subjects, including the master’s thesis, based on the Danish 7-point grading scale.
- Proficiency in written Danish and English.
- Oral proficiency in Danish or another Scandinavian language for ethnographic fieldwork.
- Skills in qualitative methodology or ethnographic research.
- Interest/experience in sociological and organizational theory and public administration.
- Interest in emerging technologies and organizational change.
Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English, along with outstanding communication abilities.
Successful candidates will receive a stipend for a duration of 3 years, providing them with the financial support they need to pursue their research ambitions.
Don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to advance your academic career. Apply now and unlock a world of possibilities at Aalborg University!
- How can I apply for the International PhD Scholarships at Aalborg University?
- To apply, complete the online application form on the university’s website and provide the required supporting documents.
- What are the eligibility criteria for this scholarship?
- Eligibility criteria include holding a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree and meeting specific academic and language requirements.
- When is the application deadline for the International PhD Scholarships?
- The application deadline is October 16, 2023.
- What benefits do the International PhD Scholarships offer?
- Successful candidates will receive a stipend for a period of 3 years to support their research endeavors.
- Is proficiency in Danish required for this scholarship?
- Proficiency in Danish may be required for ethnographic fieldwork, but excellent English skills are essential.