Full description of Scholarship: Stackallan Doctoral Scholarships offered/announced by Maynooth University and Non-EU are eligible for this scholarship to study in Ireland. By this scholarship students are allows to study PhD level programm(s) in the field(s) of History taught at Maynooth University. The deadline/last date of applying for scholarship is 23 June 2023 and this scholarship provide Tuition fee and Stipend to selected students.
The Maynooth University providing a golden chance to Non-EU to complete their studies in the field(s) of History at Ireland on scholarship.Short Detail of Scholarship:
Institute Name: Maynooth University.
Country to Study in: Ireland.
Courses Offered: History.
Degree Level: PhD.
Students Nationality: Non-EU.
Scholarship Award: Tuition fee and Stipend.
Last Date/Dead Line: 23 June 2023.
Maynooth University, in collaboration with the Centre for the Study of Historic Irish Houses and Estates (CSHIHE) and the Department of History, is delighted to announce the Stackallan Doctoral Scholarships in Country House Studies for Non-EU Students. This prestigious opportunity is open for applications for the academic session 2023-2024. The four-year studentship will be based at the Department of Sociology at Maynooth University and is exclusively available to students enrolled in a PhD program.
About Maynooth University
Maynooth University, a constituent university of the National University of Ireland, is located in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. Renowned as a top public university and one of the leading new universities in the world, Maynooth University has earned its reputation for its international links and perspective. The university has made significant investments in state-of-the-art facilities to provide its students with world-class academic, social, and athletic resources. By fostering a diverse community, Maynooth University has developed an extensive network of relationships across the globe.
Why Choose Maynooth University?
Studying at Maynooth University offers numerous advantages for aspiring scholars. Here are some compelling reasons why Maynooth is an excellent choice for your academic journey:
- International Recognition: Maynooth University is highly regarded globally for its academic excellence and research contributions.
- Cutting-edge Facilities: The university boasts a wide range of technologically advanced facilities designed to support the academic, social, and athletic lives of its students.
- Diversity: With over one-third of the academic staff comprising individuals from different countries, Maynooth University provides a culturally rich and inclusive environment.
- Strong Global Network: Maynooth University has established extensive collaborations and partnerships worldwide, offering students opportunities for international exposure and connections.
The Stackallan Doctoral Scholarships in Country House Studies for Non-EU Students at Maynooth University offer exceptional benefits to successful PhD candidates. The scholarship includes:
- Stipend: A generous stipend of €18,500 per annum.
- Tuition Fee Coverage: Contribution to tuition fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum.
- Research Expenses: Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 23 June 2023. Make sure to submit your application before the specified date.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be considered for the Stackallan Doctoral Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Open to Non-EU students.
- Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a PhD program at the Department of History at Maynooth University.
- Education: Applicants must possess an MA or postgraduate diploma in a relevant social science discipline.
- English Proficiency: A high level of English proficiency is required.
To apply for the Stackallan Doctoral Scholarships, please follow the instructions below:
- Access the university portal to apply for admission at Maynooth University.
- Submit the Scholarship application form separately.
- Prepare the following supporting documents:
- One-page cover letter
- Detailed CV
- Outline PhD proposal (typed, double-spaced, 1750-2500 words) including:
- Central research topic, aims, objectives, and research questions
- Key sociological and social science literature related to the topic
- Methodological approach and proposed methods
- Transcripts of academic degrees
- English language certification (if English is not the first language)
1. What is the duration of the Stackallan Doctoral Scholarships? The scholarship is valid for a four-year period.
2. Can international students apply for the scholarship? Yes, the scholarship is open to Non-EU students.
3. Are there any specific English language requirements? Yes, applicants must provide English language certification. Accepted tests include IELTS, TOEFL IBT, TOEFL PBT, and PTE.
4. Can I apply for admission to Maynooth University without applying for the scholarship? Yes, you can apply for admission separately, but to be considered for the Stackallan Doctoral Scholarships, you must submit the scholarship application form as well.
5. Are there any specific academic requirements for eligibility? Applicants must have a primary Degree (2:1 minimum) in Sociology or a Social Science related subject (including Criminology, Media, and Communications), or an equivalent primary degree internationally.