Full description of Scholarship: offered/announced by The Royal Society and International Students are eligible for this scholarship to study in United Kingdom. By this scholarship students are allows to study Fellowship level programm(s) in the field(s) of Stem Field taught at The Royal Society. The deadline/last date of applying for scholarship is 24/01/2024 and this scholarship provide Up to £690,000 to selected students.
The The Royal Society providing a golden chance to International Students to complete their studies in the field(s) of Stem Field at United Kingdom on scholarship.Short Detail of Scholarship:
Institute Name: The Royal Society.
Country to Study in: United Kingdom.
Courses Offered: Stem Field.
Degree Level: Fellowship.
Students Nationality: International Students.
Scholarship Award: Up to £690,000.
Last Date/Dead Line: 24/01/2024.
In the heart of academic progress, a groundbreaking initiative emerges, ushering in a new era of inclusivity and innovation. The Career Development Fellowship 2024, offered by esteemed UK Universities, stands as a beacon of opportunity for scholars from Black heritage backgrounds. Let’s explore this transformative fellowship, designed not just to fund research but to nurture careers and empower dreams.
Empowering Underrepresented Voices
The Career Development Fellowship (CDF) is not just a scholarship; it’s a promise. A promise to bridge the gap in STEM fields by promoting researchers from underrepresented backgrounds, specifically those with Black heritage. This four-year postdoctoral research fellowship program is a testament to the commitment of UK Universities to diversity and excellence. Initially, focusing on Black heritage researchers, this pilot initiative may pave the way for a more inclusive academic landscape, welcoming scholars from various underrepresented groups.
Understanding the Career Development Fellowship
Rooted in extensive research and cross-sector discussions, this fellowship is more than just financial aid. It’s a holistic support system. The fellowship offers:
- Financial Support: Up to £690,000 spread over four years, covering research-related expenses, salary, and associated costs, empowering scholars to focus on their research.
- Comprehensive Development: A meticulously designed program offering training, mentoring, and active engagement, nurturing not just research skills but leadership qualities.
- Flexibility and Support: Acknowledging individual circumstances, the fellowship provides flexibility, including part-time work options and support for situations like parental leave, ensuring scholars can balance work and life effectively.
- Global Collaboration: Scholars, whether domiciled in the UK or coming from abroad, are welcomed, fostering international collaboration and diverse perspectives.
Who Can Apply?
This fellowship is a gateway for scholars who:
- Self-Identify: Scholars identifying with Black heritage, including those of mixed backgrounds, are eligible to apply.
- Educational Background: Hold a Ph.D. degree or will attain one by the start of the funding, possessing less than 24 months of post-doctoral experience.
- Passion for STEM: Research aligned with the Royal Society’s scope, spanning natural sciences including biology, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, and physics.
How to Apply?
Preparing to embark on this transformative journey requires meticulous planning:
- Pre-Application Preparation (Before 7th November):
- Thoroughly read scheme notes and FAQs, understanding every aspect of the fellowship.
- Confirm support from a sponsor based at an eligible host organization.
- Notify your research office about your intention to apply.
- Application Phase (7th November – 24th January 2024):
- Initiate your application through the Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant®.
- Complete your application, ensuring all sections are meticulously filled, reflecting your passion and dedication.
- Submit your application before the deadline, allowing time for reviews and approvals.
- Post-Application Phase:
- After eligibility checks, expert panels will assess applications.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, providing an opportunity to delve deeper into their research proposals.
Conclusion: A Future of Inclusivity and Excellence
As the Career Development Fellowship 2024 opens its doors, it beckons scholars to not just dream but to thrive. It’s a call to researchers from underrepresented backgrounds, inviting them to shape the future of STEM fields, not just with their intellect but with their diverse perspectives. This fellowship is not merely a scholarship; it’s a legacy, empowering generations, and fostering a future where every voice, regardless of its origin, resonates in the hallowed halls of academia.
1. Can scholars from countries outside the UK apply for the Career Development Fellowship 2024?
- Yes, international scholars from Black heritage backgrounds are eligible to apply, fostering global collaboration.
2. Is there an age limit for applying to the fellowship?
- No specific age limit is mentioned. As long as applicants meet the criteria, they are encouraged to apply.
3. What support is provided for scholars during situations like parental leave or part-time work?
- The fellowship offers flexibility, including provisions for parental leave and part-time work, ensuring scholars can balance their personal and professional lives effectively.
4. Are scholars allowed to collaborate internationally during the fellowship period?
- Absolutely! The fellowship encourages global collaboration, fostering diverse perspectives and enriching the research experience.
5. Is there a limit to the number of projects scholars can propose in their applications?
- There is no specified limit. Scholars are encouraged to present innovative and impactful research proposals aligned with the fellowship’s scope.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship: Apply Accordingly for Scholarship: